In my quest to come up with ice cream and dessert recipes with no added sugar I’ve hit upon a winner – blueberry banana ice cream! This recipe has all the sugar it needs from those naturally occurring in the blueberries and a very ripe banana. I made mine with raw cream, farm-fresh eggs, and blueberries I picked myself!
Blueberry Banana Ice Cream Recipe
- 3 cups cream
- 2 cups frozen blueberries, half- thawed
- 1 medium banana, very ripe (with a brown peel)
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- Combine all ingredients in a blender or food processor and process until smooth.
- Add to the ice cream machine of your choice and process according to their directions.
- Enjoy the creamy deliciousness!
- If there’s any left, store it in an airtight container in the freezer.
If you really need something sweeter than this, 3-5 drops of Sweetleaf brand liquid stevia added to the mixture when it’s blended will do the trick.