This Roasted Ratatouille is one of my go-to recipes to make sure I always have vegetables on-hand to heat up as a side dish. Instead of sautéing some of the veggies first, I toss it all in a casserole dish, which saves time and dishes that would need washing. You can vary the vegetables based on the season or what you have available. If you have Italian seasoning take another short-cut by adding 1 ½ t. of that instead of the herbs listed below. The vegetables will cook down considerably so fill your pan to the brim!
Prep time: 22 minutes
Cook time: 1 hour 30 minutes
Makes 8 servings
- 1 medium eggplant, cubed
- 6 small zucchini and/or crookneck squash, cut in ½ inch slices
- 1 large red or yellow onion, sliced
- 6 cloves of garlic, minced
- 6 Roma tomatoes, sliced
- 1 medium bell pepper (any color), seeds removed, and cut into 1 inch squares
- 1 teaspoon marjoram or oregano
- ½ teaspoon thyme
- 1 ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Place all the ingredients except olive oil in a 3-quart ovenproof pot or casserole dish
- Drizzle olive oil over everything and mix it in gently
- Bake uncovered for 1 ½ hours at 325°
- Store in an air-tight container in the fridge.
- This reheats beautifully!
Recipe adapted from The Mood Cure by Julia Ross
This post is proud to be part of Pennywise Platter Thursday at TheNourishingGourmet.com.
If you enjoy recipes like this, subscribe to my newsletter and get them delivered to your inbox – for free!