In my quest to come up with ice cream and dessert recipes with no added sugar I’ve hit upon a winner! This recipe has all the sugar it needs from those naturally occurring in the blueberries and a very ripe banana. I made mine with raw cream, farm-fresh eggs, and blueberries I picked myself!
- 3 cups cream
- 2 cups frozen blueberries, half- thawed
- 1 medium banana, very ripe (with a brown peel)
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- Combine all ingredients in a blender or food processor and process until smooth.
- Add to the ice cream machine of your choice and process according to their directions.
- Enjoy the creamy deliciousness!
- If there’s any left, store it in an airtight container in the freezer.
If you really need something sweeter than this, 3-5 drops of Sweetleaf brand liquid stevia added to the mixture when it’s blended will do the trick.
If you like this recipe, sign up for my newsletter and have more like this delivered to your inbox for free!