So what happens in a Free Initial Consultation with me anyway?
Well for one thing, this isn’t one of those 15-minute free consultations where I just tell you about how great I am and what I have to offer.
We’ll talk for half an hour. Mostly about you!
I want to get to know you in order to make sure that what you need is something I can actually help you with. If not, I want to refer you to the best type of practitioner for you (I keep a short list of people I love). I also want to make sure that you understand and trust my approach and that you’re really ready to focus on your health right now.
If we’re a great match I’m going to ask you to commit to working with me in a “package” for 4 or 9 hours. We’re changing lifelong food habits, and that takes time. There might be a few growing pains, and I plan to be here to help you through them. Nutritional Therapy isn’t a diet plan. It’s a way to help you feel your best by teaching you how to eat more real food every day for the rest of your life. I’m not just trying to fill my schedule or my pocketbook. I only feel truly successful when my clients make lasting changes!
So here’s what a 30-minute Free Consultation entails:
- We’ll meet by phone or by Skype
- We’ll review an Initial Interview Form that you filled out in advance, and discuss in detail what your current health concerns and symptoms are
- I’ll ask you about the goals you’d like to achieve in your health over the next 3-6 months
- I’ll explain my philosophy and how I work with clients and answer any other questions you have
- Then we’ll both decide if working together toward your goals is a good fit
- If we’re a great fit we’ll meet on a regular basis for up to 6 months (If I’m not the one for you, you’ll still leave with a couple specific suggestions for better health)
If we decide to work together, we’ll set up a schedule with a regular day and time to meet. I’ll ask you to complete an online questionnaire about your symptoms and their severity. I’ll also ask you to keep track of what you normally eat for a few days prior to our first session. This will give me more information on where we’re starting from so I can map out a personalized plan to help you reach your goals.
In each session after that I’ll check-in on your progress and ask about what’s going great, or about any obstacles you’re facing. I’ll teach you a food preparation technique (ex: short-cuts on chopping veggies or making bone broths), and/or a health and lifestyle issue (ex. drinking water, sleep, stress, exercise, detoxification). You’ll have a couple of “homework” ideas to put in place before our next session. I provide notes after each session, and these may include recipes, articles, meal-time organization ideas, or other pertinent information tailored to your goals.
If this sounds like something that will help you reach your health goals, contact me to schedule your Free Initial Consultation!